Thursday, February 3, 2011

Embracing your voice!

There is so much to be said when it becomes your time to be in the spotlight.  For some, being in the spotlight is something feared; for others it is something embraced.  Whichever side of the fence you find yourself on, just remember to be you.  Last night, I was interviewed about my book and, though my nerves were worked up to the max prior to the interview, I realized that I just needed to be me and let people know why I wrote what I wrote.  It was easier than expected and the night was fun and went off without embarrassment.

Someone once told me that if you have something to say than you need to say it and say it loud!  It is not that my book is better than other books.  However, I felt that I had something to say and wrote a book about it.  That is why most of us write, right?  When it comes time to defend why you felt you had something to say, dont' be afraid to speak up and stand up for your own voice.  I am no better than anyone else and that is something that keeps me in check and humble.  I am most grateful for any opportunity that I have to speak up about the things that I believe to be true.  You should too!  We are each unique with many ideas different and the same, and if we speak up, we fill in the gaps that may be missing in the world!  If you would like to listen to my interview, click on: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jblairbrown/2011/02/03/livin-the-dream-with-author-jaymes-ian-woode !  Please feel free to give me your feedback.  Let me know what you think, what you like/dislike, and more importantly, let me know if I spoke loud enough about what I believe!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jaymes Ian Woode's Relationship feed