Monday, October 25, 2010

Changing Seasons!

I took off from writing on Sunday to enjoy the cooler Texas weather.  Finally, a break from heated humidity and a chance to witness the leaves rustling in the wind.  I like to think of Sunday's as my day of rest and a time to recooperate from a tedious week of wonder and worry.  Almost like physical exercise, it allows me to recover from exercising my mind and face Monday with a fresh start.  Today, Monday, I am not feeling as fresh as I would like.  My email held in it one more rejection.  To offset my early morning dissappointment, I quickly flipped through the pages of my Guide to Literary Agents and sent off two more proposals to random agents who support my genre.  With a "take that" attitude, as I slammed my finger down on the 'enter' tab of my keyboard, I almost felt vindicated but frustrated still. 

I am not from a wealthy home with tons of support and contacts.  Most people on this earth do not even know that I exist yet I believe in myself enough to not let that stand in my way.  My life is a quiet life, having never been one to need much socialization.  I guess I am more of a loner whose mind is occupied with great ideas and a heartfelt desire to help others.  In my twenty years as a professional counselor, I never cared about the money but only being able to help someone get through the present day hurdle they were facing.  It was always my belief that if I could positively influence someone today, their tomorrow wouldn't seem as negative.  Now, as I try to help people through my writing, wanting to reach a larger audience, I wish I had more contacts to make the process a bit easier.  Then again, I will embrace the process of getting published, including the continuous days of frustration and feeling like a failure, because I know that when my books reach the shelves of stores it will all be worth it!  I am following my own counsel.  Even as winter approaches, my heart is still warm!

1 comment:

  1. Someday (soon I hope) many people will not only know that you exist but that you have a lot to offer them so that they can reach their full potential. "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall" (Confucius)

    ReplyDelete

Jaymes Ian Woode's Relationship feed