Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rewrite Time!

After struggling yesterday as to whether or not I would accept a potential contract for my book 101 Behaviors a Guy Needs to Understand about His Woman!...I decided to revisit a novel I had written two and a half years ago.  I have learned a great deal over these past two years about writing and it showed as I read and began editing, again.  I wanted to bring the story from a third person account to a first person account and quickly discovered that I was making several changes to the first ten pages.  Then, I was committed.  With more than a hundred thousand words to go through, as many of you writers know, once you start a project it is difficult to walk away from it.  Today, I have cleared my entire schedule to focus on nothing but rewriting my novel. 

The funny think about my Novel, The Unleashing, is that when I originally wrote it, I did so in four short weeks.  Mainly because the storyline was already played out in my head and the emotions were real emotions of a situation that I had experienced a few years before.  That was something that I have learned over the past two years about writing.  When the writer can identify with the story, being close to home, the content is written with more passion and detail.  Now, two years later, I am witnessing my development in writing and watching my story come to life even more.  I like this story about a single man who begins making progress towards success and reaching his dreams when he meets the love of his life, so he believes.  After having a child, he realizes his true calling of being a father and is devoted to being the best husband and father he can be, unlike his own dad.  Without warning, his wife leaves him while her family hides their son from him and he is left to deal with the overwhelming emotions of having his life violated traumatically.  As he fights the courts to maintain his rights of fatherhood, the battle intensifies between him and his now ex-wfie's family who is cultish by religous standards.  Don't want to tell too much just yet but it's a good one!  Back to rewriting!

2 comments:

  1. Good to see those creative juices flowing again! It will be interesting to see what changes develop as you rework your novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There have been so many interesting changes thus far. The book has taken on a new life and direction than originally. After leaving on the shelf for more than 2 years, I can look at with a new eye. I am very pleased with the transformation and now understand why people get face-lifts!

    ReplyDelete

Jaymes Ian Woode's Relationship feed